Skip to main content
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!


i have to be at the scool at sharp 7:00 AM in the morning. Today is independence day, and our school is prepared with speeches from teachers and some of the talented students who can deliver a good speech on independence. There is a flag up there, tied with a knot with a string that comes down along the pole.And there is so much labour involved to set that flag, you need to get the knot properly so that it opens when our principal tries to open.You have to get the flag at the top, and there you need a talented student who can climb the pole to set it there. There is the best part after the independence day celebrations. The sweets that we get in school.
There are many more memories that are still alive inside me on independence day. There was enthusiasm at the time for the day.Even i could feel how our martyrs gave us this day.Their sacrifice is more than we can think of and can realize. I cannot even visualize how they stood in front to get a bullet on their chest for their country without any hesitation.

Whenever i listen to patriotic songs...there is some force that i feel in my nerves. I salute my country and those who sacrificed for my countries independence.

Comments

mudit said…
jai hind dost!
Prashant Das said…
Yeah...
15-August and 26th January... both had typical smells, typical colors, and typical sounds.
Everything around changed in a transformed world.
Indian festivals are so enticing and immersive!
mudit said…
kya re...kitne din ho gaye ...kuch naya likh...spicy sa, pulp fiction :D

Popular posts from this blog

Hoooooo Haaaaaa India !!!!!! We all are feeling bad about the india's loss in world cup cricket but there are some people who have won because india couldn't make it to the super eight. I don't know what makes them so happy...whether its about the cricketers who are getting the fame at its best or about the TV channels that they are not able to watch during these days. There is always a misconception about that the people who are watching cricket are losing there valuable time and if your team loses than its nothing more than a time waste. This may be a time waste for them but for a cricket lover every ball makes his heart beat fast. Although india team loses our spirits have not been broken down.With same enthusiaam, my friends n me play cricket every morning. This practice makes us so fresh for the whole day that we love to continue. In morning when small childrens are waiting for their school buses we go away waving our bats and stumps in front of them and i feel that mo
INDEPENDENCE DAY alias KITE FLYING DAY 15 august is India independence day. Come to Delhi ( Capital of India ) and you will see kites in the sky like birds all over.This was the first time that i saw a kite flying event at such an enthusiastic and large scale. I can compare it with any other big festivals ( Holi, Deepawali ). On 15th August i was at my relative's house ,my mausi's house where i usually visit to get a feel of home environment where I am away from all the worries.Mausi has 4 children's and they are my source of inspiration for getting there on a holiday or weekends. On 15th august there was the same enthusiasm in the childrens that they will wake upat 5:30 in the morning to fly the kites.I laughed at the thought that these small childrens will wake up with sun.But they proved it wrong when i woke up in the morning ,they were already on the terraces making there kites ready for the battle.On every terrace you could see a bunch of people,the whole family, prepa
My Diwali vacation This diwali was different for me as after many years ( approx. 6-7 years ) i was going to my village at my dadi's place.It was so exciting in the journey towards my village because i could not make out what all things would have changed by now.My cousin Brothers who were so small would have become an adult.All around my house there were green fields but now they must not be there. With all this feelings i was at my village and from the station itself i got the essence of my village.The same vehicle that used to carry from station to my house with the same scenario of men loaded all over a small jeep dancing on the same regional songs and the same bumpy road.I don't get irritated by these roads and the scenario there,they take me to a journey last 6 years back. When i reached my house there were the same old man in front of their houses,sitting on khatiya's watching every people passing by in an eager to recognise and after they can make out who it, is i