Skip to main content
My Diwali vacation

This diwali was different for me as after many years ( approx. 6-7 years ) i was going to my village at my dadi's place.It was so exciting in the journey towards my village because i could not make out what all things would have changed by now.My cousin Brothers who were so small would have become an adult.All around my house there were green fields but now they must not be there. With all this feelings i was at my village and from the station itself i got the essence of my village.The same vehicle that used to carry from station to my house with the same scenario of men loaded all over a small jeep dancing on the same regional songs and the same bumpy road.I don't get irritated by these roads and the scenario there,they take me to a journey last 6 years back.
When i reached my house there were the same old man in front of their houses,sitting on khatiya's watching every people passing by in an eager to recognise and after they can make out who it, is its a discussion for the day about who am i?whose son?what m i doing?why i have not married yet?
These were the same people as i saw 6 years back the same gossiping,going around everyone's house to make there day by talking to their friends.I love those chatting between the elders,worrying about nothing materialistic,but what is happening in others home.
I could not beleave that the village and villager's were all same and nothing like globalisation have changed them,the same green fields the same sky with infinite stars,and the same tradition.Its not that the transition from city to village was pleasent it was my people and my house that fascinated me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very well said, Vinod!

It must have been real fun for you.

Information age has spoiled lots of fun of the Indian life. 'Lack of information' is one of them. Loss of touch with the rural world must have had so great fun!

Villages in punjab are getting modernised. I fear, this is a harbinger of what will probably happen to other parts of India very soon...

Sad... the mysticity of villages, of the madrigals and the dadima's stories will soon be lost... when we can access their sight on a click of the mouse on Google Earth; should it go live! All these will turn into the same hackneyed information as anything else available on internet!

Thankfully, this progress entails innumerous good things!

I wish I could see dadima too!
Anonymous said…
oh sahi yaar ...nice time you had...i can see that from the pic...aur kya kiya gaon ki goriyon ke saath..

Popular posts from this blog

Hoooooo Haaaaaa India !!!!!! We all are feeling bad about the india's loss in world cup cricket but there are some people who have won because india couldn't make it to the super eight. I don't know what makes them so happy...whether its about the cricketers who are getting the fame at its best or about the TV channels that they are not able to watch during these days. There is always a misconception about that the people who are watching cricket are losing there valuable time and if your team loses than its nothing more than a time waste. This may be a time waste for them but for a cricket lover every ball makes his heart beat fast. Although india team loses our spirits have not been broken down.With same enthusiaam, my friends n me play cricket every morning. This practice makes us so fresh for the whole day that we love to continue. In morning when small childrens are waiting for their school buses we go away waving our bats and stumps in front of them and i feel that mo
SHANI BHAGWAN IN DIFFERENT FORMS what you see in the photograph is shani god and we can see the god in different forms in nehru place......these are just the replica of bhagwan shani which are can be made from anything a tinsheet,a cardboard,a wooden plate etc. and it should somehow resemble the shani god...u can see this on saturdays at every corner in nehru place ( largest hub for computer parts ) where u can take out the data from a broken harddisk, from anywhere.....the speciality in computer parts makes this market one of the biggest electronics market in india and i think in asia also.... here you can see mouse,keyboard like dust everywhere scattered and the technicians play with them as if they are not so complicated ( what seems to me).....i have my pc which i brought from my home but it doesn't work...i took my whole cpu for repair to nehru place with so delicate hands that nothing should get the jerk or broke down.....but when i gave it to one of the technician he dismant
GHAR ghar ki kahani.... w e are friends living in an apartment in govindpuri. It is a long time since we all are together like the same college days.And when you see our house you will get all the feel and essence of a hostel room,although the valuables in the room have changed ( we all are now a salaried person ). If i will describe our house in words,u will definitely feel that we are living in miserable conditions with the invasion of cockroaches in our home everywhere. we are living in a condition where we have to fight for everything ,including basic needs.There is always a water shortage ,especially in our house bcoz somehow our water pump or our tank gets us into some problem. But every problem teaches you something. ( Tough times never last ,but tough people do ) we survived for one week without water ,doing all our daily activities ,somehow with jugaad,U will not see any sweeper in our house or any cook.We have tried to be sustainable with all our resources. And when we are su